Wednesday 28 May 2014

As My World Turns (My Brief Introduction)

It's been 6 weeks since of was given the label of Bipolar 2, Even Though it's been 25 years coming.
For Years I have been told by professionals I suffered from clinical depression, with panic attack disorder and Agoraphobia thrown in for good measure.
Over the years I have learnt to live with it turning away from main stream medicine and travelling down a pathway of self discovery all in the quest to get myself well again, and to be honest I was doing ok, I had learnt to accept and even embrace it at times. A wise man once said and I quote: It's not about surviving the storm, it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.
So how do I feel now, well it's been a rollercoaster of emotions to say the least, first came the numbness and shock, then the I feel sorry for myself, and lastly anger, knowing I will never be able to be who I was before this illness robbed me and I also feel very cheated out of life. This silent stranger has taken all I once was, replacing it with a shadow of my former self.
I have decided after a long and hard deliberation and researching that I am not as yet prepared to go down the drugs road with this illness, to many side effects with the big drugs, but I'm not saying never, just not for this moment in time. I am however saying as I have managed this illness for 25 years on my own, prepared to self manage and share that journey here with who ever is interested in learning and watching my progress. I have over the years learnt many things to help me down this road, it's like life had already started me on this journey years ago before I had any idea what it was I was even dealing with, So hence I have tools that I feel will keep me in good sted, such as NLP, CBT, and a few others I will share with you as we get to know each other better, lol.
So as you join me on my blogging adventure you will share with me all that is entailed with a journey of once being a recluse, alone and desperate and just existing, to a women who is going to fight everyday to enjoy life and learn to go out side and experience this wonderful world.
I will share with you everyday my journey from the beginning with all the fear and uncertainty of facing a world 25 years ago I turned my back on, you will travel with me as I face my irrational fears, Share my darkest secrets and watch me grow and become part of the world again.
So without further ado, welcome and please fasten your seatbelts for the bumpy ride that is my life
Have A Great Day
Love Trace xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.